Here are the different membership levels that you can sign up with at Mid-South Cosmetology and Barber Association.
A paperless membership option. Becoming an E-Member of (MSCBA) adds you to the association’s mailing list and allows you to identify your communication preferences. In addition, E-Members receive (MSCBA) Progress, the association’s digital newsletter, receive limited access to some of the association’s online research and more.
- Professionals who meet the qualifications for either an Individual or Student membership as stated below may join (MSCBA) as an E-Member.
Annual Dues: Free
An Individual membership provides select benefits to one person. Becoming an Individual member provides discounted admission to industry events, access to the (MSCBA) Insurance Marketplace and scholarship opportunities, 5% discount at Sally Beauty Supply, complimentary subscription to Salon NewsMag, and more.
- Individual owners of establishments where one major function of cosmetology is performed
- Professionals licensed to practice cosmetology or licensed to practice any one of the major functions of cosmetology in states where licenses are required including barbers
- Professionals educated or experienced in the performance of any one of the major functions of cosmetology in states where licenses are not required
- Unlicensed individual employees of cosmetology establishments (i.e. receptionist, finance manager, etc.)
- Unlicensed individual employees of manufacturers, distributors or associate members
Annual Dues: $50
Student membership provides select benefits to an individual currently enrolled in, and regularly attending, a school that is licensed or certified to teach cosmetology or one of the major functions of cosmetology. Membership provides discounted admission to industry events, access to the (MSCBA) Insurance Marketplace and scholarship opportunities, 5% discount at Sally Beauty Supply, complimentary subscription to Salon Newsmag plus some student-centric offers such as discounted entry fees to (MSCBA)‘s Beacon Program.
- Students enrolled in and regularly attend schools licensed or certified to teach cosmetology or one of the major functions of cosmetology
Annual Dues: $20
A Business membership provides full benefits to multiple individuals. (MSCBA) Business Members enjoy a listing in the association’s online Member Directory and the ability to exhibit at and sponsor (MSCBA) events. Each Benefit Recipient has access to over 200 business documents and forms specific to managing a business in the beauty industry, email networking forum for the Salon/Spa section, complimentary subscriptions to more than 8 industry publications, plus more.
- Companies that manufacture or produce (or cause to be manufactured or produced under their own brand name) beauty and/or barber products for sale to wholesalers and/or distributors in the professional beauty industry or salons, and sales representatives of such companies.
- Companies whose primary business is purchasing beauty and/or barber products and reselling those products at wholesale to beauty salons, barbershops, and/or licensed professionals and companies that sell beauty products over-the- counter and sales representatives of such companies.
- Companies that provide professional beauty services to the public, including beauty salons, nail salons, chains of salons, barbershops, spas, and day spas and cosmetology schools.
- Companies that have substantial involvement in the professional beauty industry and serves in an auxiliary
- Capacity (i.e. public relations firms, publishers, printing companies, graphic artists, signage, software companies and other business services) may join as a Business member in the Associate section. Membership in this section extends the established benefits with the exception of organization voting rights.
Annual Dues: Range from $175 – $10,000 depending on the number of employees that receive member benefits.
If you wish to join or renew online, please download our Membership form or the Student application form or you may call 901-212-0404 to join or renew over the phone.